Faux autumn foliage and berries, leaves, dried fruit and sprays are now in stock and make the perfect addition to an autumn flower display, table setting or decoration.
As the change in season gets underway and the leaves start to fall from the trees, harvest season has begun with an opportunity to switch up in store products, displays and themes in anticipation of the colder months. At Flourish Trading we love the warming colour schemes of the autumnal season and the opportunity to bring some of the outdoors in.
Create hanging displays with autumn items such as berries, faux fruit and leaves for your store
Sunflowers – a full range is in stock
About Harvest Festival – Top 5 facts
- Harvest is from an Anglo-Saxon word “haerfest” which meant ‘Autumn.’ It then came to refer to the season for reaping and gathering grain and other grown products.
- The full moon nearest the autumnal equinox is called the Harvest Moon. So in ancient traditions Harvest Festivals were traditionally held on or near the Sunday of the Harvest moon.
- Harvest is mainly associated with fruit and vegetables, which we give thanks for. This is the whole point of The Harvest Festival.
- The horse, bringing the last cart load of harvest, was traditionally decorated with garlands of flowers and colourful ribbons.
- A corn dolly was made from the last sheaf of corn harvested. The corn dolly often had a place of honour at the banquet table and was kept until the following spring.